Monday, June 2, 2014

May Favourites 2014

I completely skipped out on my April Favourites, so this month I was certain I would do a favourites post. I actually struggled picking my favourites a little bit, because I haven't been wearing a lot of makeup this month, but I still managed to pull some stuff together! There are some repeat favourites here, but that just goes to show that they're really great products.


Denim Jackets are a massive trend right now, and I am loving it, I feel like you can throw a denim jacket on over anything, and it'll look good. Mine is by Lee Cooper from Big W and was ridiculously cheap, something like $35. I love the way it fits slightly oversized so it can be super casual or more dressed up. My only problem is that I can't wear it with jeans!

You can't walk two steps down the street without seeing someone wearing stripes. Legitimately within two minutes the other day I'd seen at least 5 people wearing stripes, and I'm totally buying into the hype. My stripy shirt is from Jay Jays and it is crazy comfortable, like wearing pajamas. I have this exact top in two other colours as well and I've been wearing them as much as possible without being a serial outfit repeater.

This simple calico bag is from Typo, one of their $2 charity bags and I adore it. It's huge so I can put heaps of stuff in it and I've been using it pretty much every day. I love the scientific plant print, it reminds me of those vintage botany books, so simple and pretty.

You guys know I love my Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation, but I've found that it's getting a little bit too yellow toned for my skin at the moment, so I've been on the hunt for a more pink based alternative for a while now. I found my perfect match in this Rimmel Match Perfection Light Perfecting Radiance Foundation in the shade 010 Light Porcelain a.k.a. white as hell. Obviously it's pretty new to me, but I haven't had any issues breakout-wise, the lasting power is good, and obviously the colour match is better. I'd say the coverage is pretty similar to the Bourjois foundation, light to medium. It takes a little while to dry which can be a bummer if you're in a rush or just impatient like me.

I've been testing a new lash combo this month and I've really been liking it. I found that I just wasn't able to get a good curl in my lashes and they were looking really flat and boring so I went back to an old favourite Maybelline The Falsies Flared in Blackest Black. This was my first favourite mascara, and I can see why - it gives great volume and a lovely curl, something that was really missing from my previous, more natural mascara look. The second part of this combo is Too Faced lashGASM Mascara which I've been wearing on my bottom lashes. The wand of this product is really thin so it's perfect for applying the formula to those wispy little bottom lashes, plus The Falsies is just too thick for that purpose.

I am a lazy, lazy person when it comes to nail polish removal so the Be Yourself Dip & Twist Express Nail Polish Remover is my best friend when it comes to that job. You just whack your nail into the little pot which is filled with nail polish remover soaked foam, and it takes all your polish off for you in like two seconds. Waayyyyy more efficient than plain, old nail polish remover.

I've already mentioned this as a favourite before but the Essie Fast Dry Topcoat is still amazing. It dries super fast and seems to keep my nails from chipping which is awesome. Mostly the drying thing though, I hate waiting for nails to dry.

Repeat product number two Nuxe RĂªve de Miel Lip Balm. This stuff is the shiz. My lips have been so dry and horrible this month, and this product has been saving them. I just put on a generous amount before bed and when I wake up my lips are super smooth and soft.

My hair is pretty frizzy naturally, so this month I've been using this Garnier Fructis Instant Detangler to help me get the knots out, as well as to smooth it down a little. I also tried out a sample of argan oil from some random brand, which I would put in my hair while it was damp, and then I'd plait my hair and sleep on it and when I woke up, my hair was both smooth, and had a nice wave in it, so that's another favourite.

My skin has been equally as dry as my lips this month, but I hate super hydrating moisturisers during the day as I think they're too heavy, so I've been relying on this Sukin Moisture Restoring Night Cream to quench my thirsty skin while I sleep. Sukin is a really natural brand that doesn't have any harmful chemicals in their products, plus it smells really lovely, sort of sweet and natural, it has a tonne of great things in it, like aloe, cocoa, shea and vitamin E just to name a few.

Fragrance-wise I've been loving this Body Shop White Musk Libertine Fragrance Mist. As the name implies, it's a musky scent, floral and sweet. As I mention in my 'What's in my Travel Makeup Bag' post, this fragrance holds lots of good memories.

Finally this is the book I read this month You Had Me at Hello by Mhairi McFarlane, it's one of those sort of typical love stories but a little bit different, it's not super predictable which is good. It isn't even that this book is a favourite, but more the fact that I managed to finish a book this month! Completely unheard of with uni and work, but I did it.

So that's my favourites for this month. I have a haul coming up very soon, so keep an eye out!

xx
talk soon


No comments:

Post a Comment