Thursday, April 24, 2014

What's in my Travel Makeup Bag?


As you read this I am down the South Coast enjoying a few days away with my family and Matt, taking a break from work. I thought it would only be right to show you guys the things I've taken away with me, sticking to just the essentials. My makeup bag is a decent size without being too huge, basically the perfect size for a few days.



First Aid Beauty Face Cleanser You guys know I love this and its miniature size makes it perfect for saving space in loaded bags. In combination with my next product it works a treat.

The Body Shop Muslin Cloth I just bought this yesterday and I already really like it. I'm the kind of person that spills water everywhere when I was my face, but this stops me from flooding the bathroom because I can just wipe my cleanser away!

Garnier Skin Naturals Moisture Match Illuminating Light Lotion for Normal Skin I haven't tried this yet because I only got it today but I've been on the hunt for a new daily moisturiser for ages and this one seemed to tick all the boxes. Light? Check. Non-greasy? Check. SPF? Check. Plus it smells yummy and I've been having good luck with Garnier lately so I thought it was worth a shot.

Nivea Stress Protect Deodorant Is it just me that finds these tiny cans cute? I got this one as a sample and figured that a few days away was a good time to use it, rather than having a full-size can unnecessarily take up space in my bag. Did I mention I'm a chronic over-packer?

Bioderma Créaline H2O Micellar Water Again with the mini stuff, I just think this is so cute, and it works really well. I was going to take makeup wipes to save space, but considering I'll probably only be wearing mascara most days, I figured it make more sense to bring this, plus some cotton rounds and q-tips.


Revlon Colourburst Lacquer Balm in Demure My lovely mother bought me this for Easter and it's the perfect natural colour for everyday.

Revlon Colourburst Matte Balm in Audacious Just in case I need a bright lip one day, this is a pretty coral colour light enough for day time but bold enough for night.

Covergirl Smoochies Lip Balm in #sweet tweet This smells delicious and is another good everyday natural plus it's moisturising. Bonus!

Neutrogena Naturals Lip Balm This is my holy grail lip balm, it's super light but massively hydrating. I love it.

Real Techniques Deluxe Crease Brush This one is brilliant for blending in concealer. I swear I never use the RT brushes for their specified use.

Nude By Nature Large Shader Brush This is my new favourite for applying base eyeshadows, perfect for a simple eye look.

Real Techniques Base Shadow Brush Perfect for blending colour into the crease.

Kmart Eyeshadow Palette This is part of Kmart's in-house makeup brand that I'm keen to try, it seems as though it might be decent and it's a nice colour combination. Good for a simple eye-look just incase we decide to go out one night.

Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in Fair This is a good concealer that covers well and is probably the best dupe for the Collection Concealer that I've found. Concealer is one of my essentials wherever I go because I typically don't need foundation, but if I get a pimple, I like to be able to cover it.

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Perversion Jazzes up a plain eye look quite well, plus it's a hark back to when I first started wearing makeup and rocked a heavy waterline.

Maybelline New York Master Precise Liquid Liner Again, just incase I feel like rocking a wing for a slightly more fancy look.

Revlon Lash Potion by Grow Luscious I'm trialling this one and it creates a pretty natural lash look so it's just right for a family holiday where minimal makeup is required.

The Body Shop White Musk Libertine Fragrance Mist This scent was the first one my boyfriend bought me so I love this. I opted to take this away because it's pretty compact and because it's a fragrance mist it'll be nice and light.


That's about it! I've been taking some photos while I'm away so look forward to a change in scenery for the next few posts!


xx
talk soon

No comments:

Post a Comment